Written By Indus Content Team
I have had the opportunity of eating three to four kinds of phuchka till this date. How many types of phuchkas have you had? Well, let me ask you more specific question. Have you in your lifetime eaten seventeen types of phuchkas? Forget about eating, have you ever even or heard about seventeen types of phuchkas? Don’t think I am joking over here. I am dead serious.
Pravesh a 20 year old lad, who is quite popular for his incredible phuchkas near the Alipore State Bank area, is efficient and also skilled in making seventeen different types of phuchkas. Therefore Pravesh Pani Puri presents to you –
- Ghugni Phuchka– Phuchka stuffed with ghugni ( matar dal)
- Alu Dum Phuchka– Phuchka stuffed with alu dam( potato curry)
- Pakori Phuchka– The outer crust of the phuchka is a bit different as its fried
- Batata Phuchka– yet another variety of phuchka with different flavours altogether
- Chocolate Phuchka– The phuchka with a chocolate flavour. Seems divine.
- Dhokla Phuchka– A bit of Guajarati touch to your phuchka just brings the necessary amount of uniqueness.
- Schewan Phuchka– I think everyone is quite familiar with this flavour but, I am sure that none of you have ever tried it on with phuchkas.
- Bullet Phuchka– You will be experiencing the passing of a bullet through your head after eating this phuchka but, don’t be afraid. You won’t die.
- Dahi Papri Phuchka—the phuchka will be having the stuffing of a mixture of papri and curd inside it.
- Chana Masala Phuchka– This time the stuffing is of chana masala.
- Chur mur Phuchka– You must have had chur mur, as it’s a common street food anywhere in Bengal. Just imagine what it would taste with phuchka. Yummy, right?
- Shukha Special Phuchka– This is a type of Phuchka without the tamarind water but with certain extra spices and special stuffing.
- 4 Types of Water Mix Phuchka– Phuchka served with four different types of water mix.
- Tomato Phuchka– Stuffing made out of phuchka.
- Ghugni Dahi Phuchka– The stuffing is a mixture of ghugni and curd.
- Rocket Phuchka– If I give out all the information all your curiosity will be lost. So, just go and try this one out.
Pravesh might just be twenty years old but, he has had some serious amount of success in this short period of time as a phuchkawala. He had been to Australia for serving his phuchkas at different weddings as a part of the catering squad. Apart from Australia, he has been to Bangkok and several other parts of India. He is into this family business from the year 2007 and he is proud of his creations as a phuchkawala. He will provide you with a napkin after his service and will ask for your feedback. He will also give you a visiting card. He also sells his phuchkas outside Laksmipat Singhania High School and he rewards the topper of that school with free phuchkas for one year.
Hats off to such a person who is trying to make others happy in his own exotic way.